Healthful Food: Skirt Steak with Baked Brown Rice and Broccoli
Healthy Leftover Concept: Steak Bowl
If you might be a meat lover, this is a meal you certainly need to try especially because the last product or service offers you a supper which is suitable about 450 energy. If you prepare this food per the directions underneath and never include on any avoidable objects such as soda, bread rolls, or dessert, then you will retain a wholesome part size which is a single of the most critical keys to losing pounds.
As for the balanced leftover thought, if there’s any meat leftover soon after you and your loved ones consume, you can make amazing tasting beef bowls which will give you a medley of flavors although at the similar time be at a amazing calorie sizing for a vacation lunch when at operate or absent from dwelling.
– pots and skillet for cooking
– oven safe and sound pan (with lid or foil) for rice
– 2 kilos lean skirt steak
– 1 32oz deal frozen broccoli
– 1 cup brown rice
– 2 tbsp olive oil
seasonings salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano
For Leftover Steak Bowl:
– 1 Can of Pinto Beans
– 1/4 diced white onion
– 1 bunch of cilantro
4 squirts of Tapatio (hot sauce) or other salsa if sought after
1. If time permits, let meat to marinate for 30 minutes – 1 hour in the seasonings you’re employing alongside with a 1/4 cup of water. Puncturing the meat with fork tines will definitely allow for the spices to soak in.
*if baking rice, preheat oven to 375
2. For this food the rice was oven baked but if you prefer to prepare dinner rice in the regular manner on the stove by natural means you may go that route. Given that baking rice in the oven will take the longest volume of time in comparison to the other products, begin below. Employing two tablespoons of olive oil, brown 1 cup of rice on medium warmth for about 3-4 minutes stirring often. Add 2 cups of h2o along with a couple sprinkles of salt and pepper if desired. Carry to a boil then carefully transfer every little thing into your oven protected dish. Address (or use foil like in this instance) and area on the center rack in the oven. Set kitchen area timer for 45 minutes for brown rice (or 25 minutes for white rice).
3. Although the rice is baking, convey 3/4 cup of drinking water to a boil in the skillet you are heading to use for the meat. Reduce heat to medium and add the marinated meat pieces. Meticulously flip the pieces each individual 4-5 minutes right until carried out.
4. In another pot, carry two cups of drinking water to a boil and incorporate the frozen broccoli. You could increase some seasoned salt and a tablespoon of butter if desired. Allow boil for 10-12 minutes.
5. If you plan on generating the beef bowl leftover food, you could want to warmth the can of pinto beans now so that when anything is concluded cooking you can conveniently pack the leftovers into containers without obtaining to do something in the early morning. Put the whole contents of beans into a smaller pot on small warmth and stir once in a while.
6. After every little thing is finished cooking, serve an proper portion dimension of the meat, brown rice, and broccoli and take pleasure in!
Leftover Food Strategy: For the steak bowl leftovers, apart from the can of pinto beans that you will insert, you ought to also dice up a white onion and cilantro. Choose a moment to also dice up the leftover meat since this will conserve time tomorrow and also due to the fact most do not have a sharp knife at function, this will make eating the leftover meal rapidly and easy.
You can elect to mix the beans, rice, meat, cilantro, and diced onion pieces now or just set them into the container separately, protected the lid and store in your fridge. To incorporate a bit of zest to this beef bowl, a number of squirts of Tapatio incredibly hot sauce or your desired manufacturer of salsa will do the trick.