Balanced Meal of the Week: Beef Enchiladas w/ beans & Spanish rice
Healthful Leftover Strategy: Beef Quesadillas
Here’s a meal and leftover plan each sporting a Mexican flavor that is absolutely sure to convey your style buds alive. For this example 97% lean ground beef was utilized but the magnificence of this food is you can basically use any style of meat you want to modify the beef enchiladas into possibly chicken enchiladas, steak enchiladas, pork enchiladas, or even fish enchiladas if you so select. To be sincere I’ve never ever tried using a fish enchilada, or even read of one just before, but hey if which is what you would like to check out go for it!
Yet another advantage of this food is you will uncover that it is really reasonably uncomplicated to load up that baking sheet tray with a number of enchiladas so that leftover meals are a breeze and you still have the option to produce the beef quesadillas as outlined. The decision is solely up to you. Enjoy!
– 3 pots/pans with lids
– oven baking sheet
– 10 minutes
– 50 minutes
– 1-2 lbs . 97% excess fat-free floor beef
– 1 pack corn tortillas (70 calories just about every)
– 2 cans refried beans
– 1 cup white rice
– 1 can tomato sauce
– 1 can of both pink or eco-friendly enchilada sauce
– 1/4 cup yellow corn kernels
– 1/4 cup diced white onion
– 1/4 cup skim or very low-body fat milk
– shredded low-fat mozzarella and cheddar cheese
– 1 hen bouillon dice
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– optional: sliced olives and diced eco-friendly chiles
– 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
– 1 tbsp cooking oil
For Beef Quesadillas
– complete wheat flour tortillas
– tapatio scorching sauce (or preferred variety of salsa)
1. Start off with the floor beef. Clear away from wrapper and location on a skillet and dice up with a spatula. Increase 1/4 cup diced white onion, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tsp seasoned salt, and a sprint of pepper. Combine perfectly, transform stove on medium temperature and deal with. Re-stir every 5 minutes for around 20 minutes.
2. When meat is finished to your liking, warm enchilada sauce in a pan for about 5 minutes. Get tortillas, both cheeses, and other extras this sort of as sliced olives or diced green chiles prepared so when sauce is heat, the assembly line can start off.
3. So that the tortillas do not crack when being stuffed/rolled, evenly heat 4-6 at a time in the microwave wrapped in a paper towel for 25 seconds. After, dip one particular at a time into the sauce on each sides and then location immediately on the oven baking sheet. You may perhaps need to use tongs if the sauce is too very hot.
4. Incorporate some meat, a teaspoon of every single cheese, a teaspoon of sauce, and any extras you are using and gently roll up. A single strategy is to try to pile all merchandise with each other in a line on the left facet of the tortilla so that you can roll absolutely about and tuck in nicely.
5. Line up the ready enchiladas side-by-facet so they are a bit touching every other to hold good variety. Use a basting brush to coat tops of the enchiladas with leftover sauce and flippantly sprinkle with both cheeses. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
6. For the Spanish rice, incorporate 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and distribute around. On medium heat incorporate a single cup of white rice and stir for about a few minutes to “brown”. Add 8 oz can of tomato sauce and mix perfectly for two minutes. Incorporate 1 3/4 scorching drinking water, 1/4 cup yellow corn kernels, and 1 cube chicken bouillon. Increase warmth and provide to a boil stirring properly so bouillon dice dissolves. When drinking water commences to boil, reduce heat to medium/small, include and established timer for 18 minutes stirring only at the time halfway through.
7. Refried beans just have to have to be opened and included to a pan on medium heat together with 1/4 cup of milk and 5-7 squirts of Tapatio sizzling sauce if you desire spicy beans. Deal with and stir once in a while for 10-15 minutes.
8. When everything is concluded, serve an ideal part sizing along with a calorie beverage and get pleasure from. Concerning calories, continue to keep in brain that every single enchilada will be close to 150-220 energy each individual depending on the amount/style of merchandise you put inside of so will not get carried absent. A single enchilada with rice and beans will be at about 350 energy.
Healthier Leftover Concept: Beef Quesadillas
If there is any meat leftover and you want to adjust it up a little bit nevertheless manage the flavor of a Mexican-style development, you really should give these beef quesadillas a try. You can use the corn tortillas, or as in this illustration, total wheat flour tortillas to deliver a much larger area to put a little bit far more goods inside.
Only frivolously oil a huge skillet (or use non-adhere spray) and location one particular tortilla and transform on stove to medium heat. Unfold two tablespoons of beans, then increase some cheese, then meat, very hot sauce like Tapatio, and again some additional cheese. Cover with one more tortilla and use a spatula to flippantly push the quesadilla down. Enable to prepare dinner on each facet for a couple of minutes applying your off-hand to help preserve quesadilla collectively so things really don’t slide out. The moment each individual side is evenly browned and the cheese is melted you can remove from warmth, slice in fifty percent or quarters and enjoy.